Saturday, January 16, 2021

The Calm Between the Storms?


 


For about the past 10 days I've been thinking about what I might want to write, in order to somehow document this time in history. What it has been like, to watch as "Americans" stormed our own Capitol chanting about hanging our Vice President and killing other members of our government. 

I still don't know what to write. 

This morning, as I sit here, things are fairly calm. But the skies are dark and the waves are still crashing. More quietly now, but threatening.... 

Will the waves stay small? Is the worst of it over and the sun will continue to come out now?

Or is this just the calm between the storms? The sky is still dark, and the storms are still threatening... will the sea continue to churn and the waves continue to crash?



Will we get thrown around against the rocks? Cut up amongst the sharp edges? 



Or will peace prevail? 
Can we keep the bigger storm at a distance and let the sun come out again...


Obviously I am using this as an excuse to share some pictures that I think are a nice representation of the political climate in this country right now. The skies are various shades of grey, with some sun and blue sky peeking out. But things are pretty dark and ominous right now. 

There is a lot of churning and crashing and spraying. 

But I am still going to keep my eye on the sun. 
And hope that we don't get too beaten up in this storm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment