Friday, July 24, 2009

The House I Grew Up In

This is the house I grew up in. 3211 Tyler Street, Northeast Minneapolis. I went by and took some pictures last week when I visited. It's weird to go home.

I grew up in the '70's and '80's, in a family with 2 parents and 4 kids, and lots of animals. I was the youngest. There is so much that I want to write about.... but I am also afraid to open up the past... so many old wounds.

I did not have a bad childhood, but everyone has their "stuff". My mind has not been able to fully process all the memories that have been flooding through it this past week, but I wanted to at least post the picture of my house. It looks so small to me....

I will try to write more and post in small bunches. I get dizzy just trying to process it. Those stairs, that porch, my bedroom window,... I still have vivid dreams at least weekly about that house.

So many memories....

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you linked to your blog on Facebook! I dream about my old houses too...but more about the first house my husband and I lived in, and also about my grandparents house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer! I did not realize you had this blog until I saw it on Facebook tonight. This is cool. I love the entry about wanting your daughter to be confident, etc. That is something on my mind all the time with Hannah. I was not shy as a kid, but not at all confident, and I also feel guilty when I am. Anyone, just wanted to say cool blog! I look forward to reading more of your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Guys!
    I have to thank you - Jennifer - for giving me the final inspiration to finally do this blog. I've been writing forever but too afraid to actually "publish" anything until I started reading yours. I guess it's something about being another hyphenated Jennifer from South High School....
    As you can see, it's a fledgling blog. I am still very cautiously posting things. But it's good for me to do. Nothing really dramatic or anything yet. :)

    ReplyDelete